CRUISIN' DOWNRIVER CALENDAR CONTEST RULES:
• All photos must be 8"x10" horizontal AND 300 DPI, all vehicles must be before 1975.
• Photos or vehicles from past Cruisin' Downriver Calendars are not eligible.
• Photos should be of Vehicles only, Please do not submit photos with people standing with their cars. Action shots with people in the cars are acceptable.
• Do not submit multiple photos of the same car.
• All contest photo entries must be received by Saturday, August 13, 2011
• All Photos will be approved before appearing online. Approval may take up to two business days.
• Voting is FREE. You can vote up to 10 times a day.
• Round one online voting: The 12 classic car photos with the most votes will be featured in the Official 2012 Cruisin' Downriver Calendar. Round one voting goes through Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM.
• Round two online voting is to determine the winner of the cover shot begins Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM ending at midnight on Sunday, September 11, 2011. The photo with most votes will be the Cover Shot of the 2012 Cruisin' Downriver Calendar.
• Once the winners are chosen, an award winning New Herald photographer, will take your calendar photo.
• The Winner will be revealed on Monday, September 12, 2011 online and Wednesday, September 14, 2011 in print. The winner's name will be published both online and in The News-Herald.
• Your online vehicle entry provides you an opportunity to receive a Cruisin' Downriver Prize Pack from The News-Herald and the 1st place vote-getter will also be The News-Herald cover shot for the 2012 Official Cruisin' Downriver Calendar.
• Must be 18 years and older to enter and win.
• Vehicle must be in drivable condition and insured.
• Vehicle model year must be before 1975.
• No purchase necessary.
• Only online voting will be accepted. No printed copies or facsimiles will be accepted at our offices or any sponsor businesses.
• Winner must be willing to allow the use of name, photo for future promotional purposes and publishing rights for the official 2012 Cruisin' Downriver Calendar.
No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 13 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If Michigan Central cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed.
Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
Michigan Central reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Michigan Central reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of Michigan Central, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to Michigan Central the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
Michigan Central reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or Michigan Central. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and Michigan Central are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
Michigan Central reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by Michigan Central.